A Midsummer Night's Dream

‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, directed by Michael Hoffman and based off Shakespeare’s play; is a classical tale where reality and fantasy mix. The movie follows two lovers, Hermia and Lysander into a forest where fairies live. Helena and Demetrius follow them to keep them from running away. In the midst off all of this, Titania and Oberon, king and queen of the fairies, are in an argument over a baby. Oberon saw that Demetrius and Helena were fight, he ordered Puck to seek out Demetrius and use a special herb that will make him fall in love with Helena. But Puck felt that he got the wrong guy, so he put some on Lysander. Lysander and Demetrius both fell for Helena, thus furthering conflict. On another not, a group of actors were practicing in the forest. Puck turned Bottom the Weaver into a Mule and Titania, who had the herb on her eyes, fell in love with Bottom. In another part f the forest, Hermia and Helena were arguing because Helena thought she was mocking her, the fight ended in a mud pit. And Lysander and Demetrius were fighting over Helena. After a fair bit of arguing, the group fell asleep. Puck then tried to fix the mess he made. He put the potion on Lysander to make him fall back in love with Hermia. At dawn the Duke finds them asleep with no clothes on. He ordered them to wake up. There was a brief explanation of what happened and who loves who. A wedding took place, Hermia married Lysander, Demetrius married Helena, and the Duke married Hippolyta. There was a brief play at the end of the wedding. The movie ended with the fairy world entering the human world to try to further resolve the movie.