Country Strong | Teen Ink

Country Strong

March 3, 2011
By Anonymous

“Love and fame don’t live in the same place. “













-Gwyneth Paltrow


Country Strong has both love and fame but each of the characters quickly learn these two things don’t live in the same person. Fame messes with the brain and makes people do crazy things, as shown in Country Strong. This movie shows that being famous is not all fun and games like how we see it in reality shows.


This outstanding film is rated three stars in my opinion it should be five stars. Country Strong is my favorite movie. It would be best for teenagers to mid adulthood and anyone who loves an inspiring message:












“It doesn’t matter where you’ve been












as long as you come back strong.”
That’s the main idea of the movie and is a very good life lesson as well.


A well-directed movie by Shana Feste with four main characters, Gwyneth Paltrow playing Kelly Cantor. Kelly is a country star that is struggling returning from a very low point in her life. James Cantor, Kelly’s husband, played by Tim McGraw, wants money no matter what it takes to get it and a good social status. James is a self-centered husband that doesn’t realize what he has until it’s gone. Beau Hutton, played by Garrett Hedlund, is on tour with Kelly. He’s struggling with finding love, helping out a friend in need, and finding out what fame holds in store for him. Leighton Meester, acting the part of Chiles Stanton, is also on tour with Kelly and Beau. Chiles battles horrible stage fright and getting the man of her dreams.

Kelly comes out of rehab ready to prove that she’s not a wild child. Soon they all realize she wasn’t quite ready to be back on tour. Kelly, along with the others, still have many obstacles to overcome before the time is right. Each of them try and help Kelly along the road but she isn’t the country sensation that she used to be. Will she ever get that title back?

Personally I loved this movie, there was always something happening and it was never boring. A character was always living out their dreams, while another was down in the dumps. I loved how the director shows what was going on in the inside and also the outside of the characters. This movie gave a really good life lesson about life and love, and is a must see movie!