Taken | Teen Ink

Taken

By Heythere143 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Heythere143 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

How could a trip to France be bad? In the movie Taken, two 16-year old girls take a trip to France. A terrible scenario unfolds, ruining their European vacation. This film informs society of the dangers that women face in the world; Taken particularly exposes the perils that women face in the human trafficking industry.

Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson), a retired agent from the Central Intelligence Agency, moves to California to be closer to his daughter Kim (Maggie Grace). Divorced from his ex-wife Lenore (Famke Jansson), Kim is the love of his life. His teenage daughter is his source of pleasure and happiness. Kim requests to go on a vacation to France alone with her best friend Amanda (Katie Cassidy) and Bryan reluctantly allows her to go.

On the first day, their vacation takes a turn for the worst. After sharing a taxi with the handsome, Parisian boy Peter, Kim discovers that Amanda’s family is absent when she enters the apartment. Ten minutes later, strange men storm the apartment. Kim is talking to her father in a bathroom across the apartment and witnesses Amanda being abducted. They then find Kim who had been reporting the incident to her father on the phone. Kim is also taken away and Bryan realizes what has happened to his daughter. He decides to fly to France and try to rescue Kim. This movie follows Bryan Mills on his quest in Paris where he attempts to find, and save his daughter from the perils of human trafficking.

Viewers will be surprised and intrigued by Bryan Mills’ tough, witty and sarcastic character. His character keeps the movie interesting and gives the viewer some laughs. His character makes Taken the movie that it is.

Taken is an intense film that swiftly unfolds. As the movie goes on, each scene grows in intensity as Bryan manages to escape several near death experiences on his mission to retrieve his daughter. Watching Bryan cunningly outsmart his opponents who stand in his way is entertaining. This film includes thrilling scenes, one of which includes a car chase on a constructions sight. If you enjoy fast pace, action-packed, nail-biting thrillers, Taken is the movie for you.

As well as containing fascinating and exhilarating scenes, Taken also reveals a global problem that is present today. Human trafficking, the illegal trade of humans, is a major business that is currently being conducted. Taken exposes this terrible issue. It is important for society to become aware of this international problem. Therefore, this movie has an important purpose in informing the public of this massive issue.

Incredible, mind boggling and interesting, you will want to know how the story unfolds. Taken is recommended for those who love action-packed movies that leave you sitting at the edge of your seat. This film is rated PG-13 due to the weighty theme and adult situations presented in the movie. Parental consent is recommended for viewers who are under the age of thirteen. If you would like to know what happens to Kim, you must watch the movie!

Heythere143 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Why thank you Tom Hanks! How is Wilson doing these days?

tom hanks said...
u should do this for a living this is good