Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows – Part 1 | Teen Ink

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows – Part 1 MAG

By Kolton Boothman BRONZE, Avondale, Arizona
Kolton Boothman BRONZE, Avondale, Arizona

The most recent Harry Potter film has, like previous installments, received much hype. This particular film has been advertised as the beginning of the end of the saga. For the most part, the hype is well‑deserved.

The movie follows Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they set out to find and destroy the remaining Horcruxes (pieces of Lord Voldemort's soul that make him immortal). Along the way, they uncover the legend of the titular Deathly Hallows.

Like the book, the movie focuses on the emotional strain the three heroes experience as they continue to mature while trying to single-handedly save the wizarding world.

The cast, as always, is fantastic. Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, and Helena Bonham Carter all play fabulous evil‑doers, while Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson excel at showing off their emotional sides.

Unfortunately, the movie is not perfect, despite the superb cast and plot. While the dark, emotional aspects of the film may appeal to some, I did not love them. But the worst part is the ending. Since this movie is half of the book, it also feels like half a movie (2.5 hour running time aside). The conclusion is a logical place to stop in the book, but it leaves the movie audience wanting more.

Despite this flaw, the movie still manages to captivate. If nothing else, it lays the foundation for Part Two, due in theaters this summer. The wait should give those who have not read the novel time to do so, which, I admit, is necessary
to understand the complex, ­interwoven plot. Part One does a good job of trying to explain everything, but those who have not read the book may be lost at times.

Overall, I enjoyed this movie and look forward to Part Two. Some will dislike it more than me; others will say it is one of the best Potter movies yet. To me, it is a fantastic first part that ensures an epic, unforgettable finale this summer.

WelshSam BRONZE, Caerphilly, Other

There are too many to choose from.

Sterling review.

dwellingondreams138 PLATINUM, Albertson, New York

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the lights.-HP

I definitely agree with this. I also think that HP Part 1 had way to much talking. Although necessary to explain parts that are confusing, it is very boring to many people. 

Great job!