Catch Me if You Can | Teen Ink

Catch Me if You Can

By Moviebuff0202 SILVER, East Setauket, New York
Moviebuff0202 SILVER, East Setauket, New York

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."- Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight

Catch Me If You Can is the true story of Frank Abagnale Jr, one of the greatest American con-men, and the cops that chase him. He stole 4 million dollars from the United States government, and he impersonated an airline pilot, a doctor, as well as a lawyer. The great thing though is that he did this all before his twentieth birthday.

This movie's got a little bit of everything. It's adventurous, sad, heart-warming, police drama, but it's mainly very humorous. In the first year and a half of his escapade, Frank travels all over the country, bouncing checks, pretending he's James Bond, and getting himself caught up in the police game on purpose. What he does is he lets the police get very, very close, then he slips away again for a couple of weeks, lets them get closer, and so on and so forth.

One of the greatest casts ever assembled is found in this movie, and it directed by Steven Spielberg, one of the best directors in history. This movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Frank W. Abagnale Jr, Tom Hanks as FBI agent Carl Handratty, Christopher Walken as Frank Abagnale Sr, Amy Adams as the love interest, Brenda Strong, and Martin Sheen as Roger Strong. The entire ensemble, especially Leo and Mr. Hanks, give great performances and drive the movie forward.

Steven Spielberg, as I mentioned earlier, directed this movie. In my opinion, he is the master of every genre. I have seen him do comedies like this, war movies like Saving Private Ryan, sci-fi like Minority Report, drama like E.T, and partial horror like Jurassic Park. Every single one of these movies fits somewhere in my top fifteen of all-time. He is a great director because everything matters. The lighting, the atmosphere, the weather, the dirt on the carpet, everything in the shot matters. And that determination and persistence has made him great.

Overall, it is more than worth your money to by this movie. One of the funniest, most dramatic, and adventurous movies ever, it will keep you entertained to the very end. And when the end comes, you just play it again, because you can't get enough of Catch Me If You Can.

"You know why the Yankees always win? 'Cause you can't stop staring at the pinstripes."-Frank W. Abagnale Jr.