Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.1 | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.1

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.1" is anything and everything that we've been waiting for and SO much more.

In this first part of the end of the "Harry Potter" series, Harry, Hermione, and Ron aren't learning how to use their magical powers in the safe warmth of Hogwarts anymore. This time, they're a part of the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort is reeking havoc on both the wizard and muggle worlds, and the Order is preparing themselves for anything that Voldemort and his Death Eaters might throw their way, while trying to keep Harry safe from the clenches of the Dark Lord at the same time. As time passes, the Death Eaters become more adamant in their search for Harry, which ends up separating himself, Ron, and Hermione from the rest of the Order. As they venture out into the dark wizarding world by themselves, they must protect each other while trying to find and destroy the Horcruxes in which Voldemort has cunningly preserved parts of his soul.

On their journey to find the Horcruxes, they come across the centuries old story of "The Deathly Hollows," which talks about three objects associated with death. When these three objects are brought together, the person who possesses them will be unstoppable, and Voldemort is after one of them. Will Harry, Hermione, and Ron be able to stop Voldemort before it's too late? Will they ever be reunited with their loved ones and the rest of the Order? When will the final showdown between Voldemort and Harry take place, and what will be its outcome?

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.1" pulls you right in and never lets you go until the ending credits. The animation is mind-boggling and, at times, beautifully and strangely fluid. For those of you out there, such as myself, who remember when the first four books came out and when the first movie came out, you will not be disappointed with the beginning to the end of this generation-long saga phenomenon. With an ending that will leave you wanting more, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.1" will make you sit next to your calendar, counting down the days till next summer when the legendary saga will finally conclude in theatres, but it will live forever in our hearts. So, until next summer. Enjoy!