Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1 | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1

November 22, 2010
By DevanL BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
DevanL BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 1, is the first part of the two-part final series of the Harry Potter saga featuring the now popular stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. The movie, released November 19 at midnight, has already become a box office hit and I can plainly see why.
The movie starts with Harry Potter (Radcliffe) heading off on a journey with Ron Weasley (Grint) and Hermione Granger (Watson) to find the remaining Horcurxes that Lord Voldemort has created to keep himself alive. The director David Yates noticed that the book which the movie was based off of, has too many important details to be comprised into a single movie. So Yates decided to create the entire movie in two parts, this being the first.

One of the best things I thought about the movie was the fact that they were able to make the plot move so quickly while being able to take all of the major facts out of the book. The movie seemed to move so quickly that it would transfer from comedy scene, to action scene, to tragic scene all in a matter of minutes. All along with the fact that you were able to see all of this happening and think that time was moving slower than it actually was. This shows that the team that worked on the film worked incredibly hard in order to get the best information possible and show it in the best way they could.

I had absolutely no problems with the movie at all except for the fact that we have to wait another year in order to see the second half of the film. This however, I can understand. Like mentioned before there is too much important information in the book that it is impossible to put into one film. Part one itself was two and a half hours long so I can only imagine how long part two is going to be.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is I think one of the best Potter films ever made. The sequences where the emotions transfer quickly make the movie seem to slow down when it is really speeding up and you were still able to comprehend what was going on. While we have to wait another year for the end of the film, I give Part one 5 out of 5 stars. An absolutely amazing film that all Potter fans should see at least once!

The author's comments:
The sequences where the emotions transfer quickly make the movie seem to slow down when it is really speeding up and you were still able to comprehend what was going on.