Twlight??? More like WHYlight!! | Teen Ink

Twlight??? More like WHYlight!!

By Shalyse_s SILVER, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Shalyse_s SILVER, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

"The painful of memories are brought up in the most joyful of ways. Reminding you to smile because it's over and you know better. " - Me

What word comes to mind when I think of the Twilight film adaptation series....WHAT??? This movie was not particularly good. The characters weren't all that complex, the plot was predictable, and the endings were beyond anti-climactic. The action was so far past dull, I almost dozed off, when no one was talking. They are dead but they are still alive, color me clueless, they should be able to do something more than smolder their eyes. In comparison to HBO and CW hits like "Vampire Diaries" and "True Blood" these movies were HELLACIOUS! Twilight is basically the soft core porn of the vampire film industry. I understand it's a love story between a human and someone who is immortal versus a story about the challenges of being a vampire but, still, even a hint of danger would be nice. In "The Vampire Diaries" Stefan and Damon wear rings the allow them to walk in the sun. Any vampires without them, will burn if it touches their lifeless skin. In Twilight, if vampires make skin contact with the sunlight THEY SPARKLE!! WHO SPARKLES??? In "True Blood" there are constantly different creatures and twists coming out of thin air. In Twilight you can predict everything minutes before it happens. FYI: Not a GOOD quality in a movie. I am not particularly the biggest supernatural fan, but I know a good plot when I see one. Personally this movie was weak and extremely lack luster. It's success was purely hype and a common case of confusing the actor(s) with the role. Maybe the fourth installment will revive it. Yeah, and Edward will magically come back to life as well.

Just my two cents.