The Social Network | Teen Ink

The Social Network

By Bridget Cummings BRONZE, Chaska, Minnesota
Bridget Cummings BRONZE, Chaska, Minnesota

The movie, The Social Network, directed by David Fincher, written by Aaron Sorkin, is a tremendous film that takes you through how the website Facebook was founded. The movie is based off a book called, The Accidental Billionares by Ben Mezrich. Both Fincher, who is commonly known by his work directing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Sorkin, known for writing Charlie Wilson’s War, take their viewers though the life of Mark Zuckerberg when he came up with the idea of facebook. David Flincher definitely lives up to and exceeds his reputation in Social Network. I loved this film because it kept me wondering what could happen next and at the same time keeping up with the flashbacks. One of the best aspects of the movie was that most of its viewers could relate to the topic of facebook.

The film starts out with an introduction to Mark Zuckerberg (played by Jesse Eisenberg). After hearing the first few words that come out of his mouth, you now that this movie portrey the man’s smart but extremely arrogant personality. Throughout the movie the viewers begin to see how the concept of facebook came about. So many people these days use the website, but have never known how it was created. While learning how Zuckerberg has came up with the idea, the movie displays the many lawsuits that Zuckerberg is involved in later in his career. While staying away from being too confusing, the movie never gets too long because the viewer is always trying to keep up with the different flashbacks. By the end of the movie, you realized that the creator of facebook may not have been the sole creator of the website after all. The obstacles he faces, and the people he crosses to get to the top is what makes the movie so interesting.

I hope that people will be temped to go see this great movie!

on Nov. 4 2010 at 1:21 pm
gidget5, you are da bomb!!!!!!!