The Karate kid | Teen Ink

The Karate kid

By chivas20 BRONZE, Commerce City, Colorado
chivas20 BRONZE, Commerce City, Colorado

The Karate Kid was one of the best movies I ever saw because it’s about a kid named Dre (Jaden Smith) and he has a great life but when he moves to China everything seems so different for him. In school he doesn’t really have friends and he gets beaten up so then a kung fu master named Mr. Han (Jackie Chan) teaches him the life of kung fu. In the Beginning Dre isn’t excited about moving to China.

Once Dre arrives in China he immediately falls in love with this girl named Meiying (Wenwen Han). When Dre goes to school there’s a group of boys who bullied him and they happen to know kung Fu. The leader of that group is a boy named Cheng (Zhenwei Wang) whose purpose is to make Dre’s life miserable. Then Dre meets Mr. Han and he wants to teach him about Kung Fu but at first, Mr. Han declines because he says Kung Fu is not used for violence and fighting. Then Mr. Han meets with the master of Cheng Rongguang Yu and he decides to train Dre and sign him up for a tournament in order for the kids in school to stop bullying him. When Dre wants to concentrate and train Cheng bothered him but the lets him focuses on the tournament.

When the tournament starts Dre beats everyone and when he gets to the final he has to go against his rival Cheng. It takes time before Dre finally beats him and everybody cheers for him I think that this movie was very good and I encourage people to go watch it What I think the Theme of this movie is that everybody can learn new things about different places