Date Night | Teen Ink

Date Night

By kpgolong BRONZE, Chaska, Minnesota
kpgolong BRONZE, Chaska, Minnesota

Directed by Shawn Levy and Jack Gill, produced by Tom McNulty, Joseph Caracciolo Jr, and Josh McLagen, the 2010 hit movie Date Night packs plenty of both action and comedy into a reasonable 1 hour and 28 minute movie. Starring Steve Carell (The Office), Tina Fey (Saturday Night Live), Mark Wahlberg, Taraji P. Henson, and Jimmi Simpson; this fast-paced comedy has viewers guessing until the end. Phil and Claire Foster (Carell and Fey) live a normal life in suburban New Jersey with their two kids. Claire becomes bored of their once-a-week date night routine and decides to change things up. The couple head to a fancy restaurant in the city, but once they get there realize they did not make a reservation. Feeling particularly risky, the Foster’s take someone else’s reservation. This, they soon find out, was not a great idea. The people whose reservations they took are in trouble with a mobster. From here, the movie takes viewers on action-packed twists and turns of the Foster’s night while they try to out-run and out-smart the criminals. Ironically, this is the perfect date night movie. It has plenty of action for the guys, just enough romance for the girls, and enough comedy for everyone to enjoy. All in all, Date Night was an entertaining movie with an amusing plot and skilled actors.

EmilyClark BRONZE, Wayne, Pennsylvania
I liked your last two lines the best. I felt it summed the movie up.