Inception | Teen Ink

Inception

August 13, 2010
By runtaylorrun BRONZE, Cypress, California
runtaylorrun BRONZE, Cypress, California
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

The most talked about movie of the year, Inception has excited viewers everywhere & incited debates about its ambiguous ending. Beautifully directed by Christopher Nolan, the movie captivates viewers in every aspect. The actors are stunning, the plot clever, and the effects astonishing.

But, as I left the theater, I couldn’t help but feel déjà vu. The movie was released in July 2010, but there was no doubt in my mind that I had seen it many years before. Finally, it hit me—Inception is (in so many ways) just like Matrix.

Both possess a range of overlapping themes… plunging into different levels/facets of the subconscious, well trained men (or viruses) impeding your mission through the subconscious, attempting to challenge the known view of the world. And most importantly, both movies revolve around one all-important idea: How do we determine what is reality? Should we blindly accept the world around us as reality if it is a world in which we are entirely satisfied? Those who watch Inception will find themselves exiting the theater with these questions bubbling madly in their minds.

Nevertheless, if you enjoyed Matrix, then this is a movie you must see. Inception is one of those rare thought provoking films that truly stretches and challenges your view of the world.


The author's comments:
I loved the movie, but found it to be uncannily similar to the Matrix.