Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles

Considered a classic movie, I'd rate Interview with the Vampire, a 9/10. For being one of the first vampire roles for almost every actor, they portrayed their character with emotion and feeling behind it. Brad Pitt plays the depressed and brooding Louis wih perfection. Tom Cruise represents the seductive and humorous Lestat as if Cruise was Lestat, himself. I enjoyed this movie very very much.

Another familiar face is the young Kirstin Dunst. Despite being ( I believe) only 12 years old, Dunst played Claudia, daughter of Louis and Lestat like a young woman.

The direction and writing of the movie was somewhat predictable but entertaining nontheless. However, the bloody gore and nudity got a bit ridiculous and unnecessary.

My rating of a 9/10 goes out to the brilliant direction, and special effects. The actors showed talent and experience as well. However, I must take a point off because the bloody victims and violence was futile to the plot and some points.
I highly recommend it to anyone and please expect a high-octane thriller with lots of surprises, gorey vampire slaughtering, and some dark humor.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

runtaylorrun said...
LOVED THE REVIEW. IVEI'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE MOVIE BUT YOU HAVE CONVINCED ME TO WATCH IT. PLEASE RATE AND COMMENT ON MY REVIEW OF INCEPTION. THANKS!