Letters To Juliet | Teen Ink

Letters To Juliet

June 15, 2010
By ashbadash BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
ashbadash BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
4 articles 1 photo 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
Friends are like glue, they always stick by your side.


“Letters to Juliet” was a beautifully written screenplay with wonderful characters and great stars. It is a romantic comedy with a little bit of adventure.
“Letters to Juliet” is about a woman named Claire (Vanessa Redgrave) who had wrote to Juliet about her lost soul-mate Lorenzo (Franco Nero). Her letter was forgotten in a wall in Verona, Italy for fifty years. Then an American named Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) finds it while traveling on her pre-honeymoon in Italy with her fiancé (Gael Garcia Bernal). She reads Claire’s heart-warming story to the rest of the Secretaries of Juliet (women who read and reply to other women’s letters about love that are stuck on the famous wall) and decides that she must write back to Claire to stop her from feeling guilty about her beloved Lorenzo. Sophie then finds Claire and sets off on a journey through Italy to find Claire’s Lorenzo with the uneager but very protective help of Claire’s grandson (Christopher Egan).
The movie was by far the best movie I have ever seen. The love and friendship between the stars is absolutely amazing. The director couldn’t have picked a better cast. It teaches people to follow their heart and to follow their dreams. It especially teaches people never to give up when the going gets tough. Claire and Sophie find out that love isn’t easy and it takes a lot of steps to get there, but it’s worth it all. It made me cry and I hope it makes you cry too. If it makes your heart feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like mine did, then you truly felt the meaning of love.


The author's comments:
The thing that inspired me to write this review was the love and friendship for each character in the movie.