Marie Antoinette | Teen Ink

Marie Antoinette

By southkee6 BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee
southkee6 BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee

"Be yourself, the religion of me"
-Pete Burns

The story of the young French Queen Marie Antoinette, her husband, and the downfall of the French Monarchy is perfectly mixed together with modern themes and music, thanks in great part to writer/director Sofia Coppola (The Virgin Suicides).

Marie Antoinette is not a very historically accurate film about the Queen, but it is none the less entertaining. The costumes are great, the acting believable, the music satisfying, and even a bit of comic relief here and there.

Marie Antoinette steps away from the history to dig deep into Antoinette's life as a Dauphine and as a queen, including her infidelities, gambling, and great love of food and shopping.

Don't look to watch Marie Antoinette for political film about the era of the French Revolution, because you won't find it here. Its for those looking for an upbeat (mostly) film about the life of a young beautiful queen, with a sad end.

Audi.elle.29 said...
Finally, someone else who knows about this beautiful film. I was Marie Antoinette for Halloween. I will never stop watching that movie...