Sherlock Holmes | Teen Ink

Sherlock Holmes

May 25, 2010
By Anonymous

The movie Sherlock Holmes, a Warner Bros Studio release, was directed by Guy Ritchie and released in theaters on December 25, 2009. The movie is full of action and mystery. In the movie, Sherlock Holmes and his friend Dr. Watson, defeat Lord Blackwood. Lord Blackwood was sentenced to be hanged for his use of black magic. Things start to turn when someone claims that Lord Blackwood had been seen walking around the graveyard after being pronounced dead. Lord Blackwood continues to kill innocent people. Now it is up to Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson to stop Lord Blackwood before anyone else is killed. The dialogue in the movie is very interesting. It gradually pulls the attention of the person watching this movie. “You have the grand gift of silence, Watson; it makes you quite invaluable as a companion.” (Sherlock Holmes). The Sherlock Holmes movie captured my attention from the start. It was easy to follow considering the fact that I’ve never read the book. Robert Downey Jr., who played the character of Sherlock Holmes, was nominated for best actor (2010 Saturn Award). His portrayal of the Sherlock Holmes character was amazing.