Dazed and Confused | Teen Ink

Dazed and Confused

May 19, 2010
By Anonymous

In 1993, Universal Pictures released the cult classic “Dazed and Confused” to the theaters. It is a coming of age comedy about a group of upcoming seniors in 1976 that spend their last day of school hazing upcoming freshmen, vandalizing public property, smoking marijuana, drinking alcohol, and partying like its 1976! In this movie, you’ll see many familiar faces like Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Renee Zellweger, and Milla Jovovich. Although this movie is mainly a comedy, there are moments throughout the film that the characters truly think about whom they are and where they are heading in the future.

One of the things that I liked most about the movie was how it was set in the 70’s instead of the 90’s. They used that idea perfectly; the music, fashion, habits, laws, and cars were all based on what they were like in 1976 which really helped make the idea that they were in the 70’s believable. The dialogue in this movie is also used well in this film. It gives each of the characters their own attitude that separates them from the other characters in the movie.
Now I hope by reading this review for a true cult classic, you will feel compelled to go to the store and buy it so you can watch it over and over again. And if not…………. Well that’s okay too. Some people get connected to the movie and some people don’t.