Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

By turtleboy10 BRONZE, Belleville, Michigan
turtleboy10 BRONZE, Belleville, Michigan

The obsession of twilight

In the series Twilight there was an uproar of commotion. People all over the world were talking about a book called Twilight. It’s a book about a girl named Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) who transfers to a school and meets this guy named Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). Edward was always quiet and didn’t talk to her. One day he saves her life by getting in front of a van that was going to collide with her. She then realized that he wasn’t an average student.

Once this book was out everyone wanted more, so they kept reading on with New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Then, the day finally came for the first movie to come out. The first movie that was shown was sold out completely; everyone was obsessed with this fantasy book. Then something tragic happened: the people got out of the movie and they didn’t like it! The people were dissatisfied with the movie because it had poor animation.

Let me ask you something: Are vampires supposed to sparkle? I think not. The real ones stayed out of the sunlight, they didn’t have rings to protect them from the sun, such as Twilight and The Vampire Diaries. Vampires are supposed to scare you and suck your blood. There was never any such thing as a friendly vampire. For the books out there starring vampires gives them a bad name, such as the classic Dracula.

I think that this book would be ok to read, just not something to get obsessed about. People always compare these characters to their actual lives. Once these people start comparing their lives and the story’s that are told, they always say that their world is better than ours. Nothing like this exists in real life, so move on from this fantasy world and into reality.