The Lovely Bones | Teen Ink

The Lovely Bones

By Angiiee BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Angiiee BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

ohhhmygod!

“The movies are never as good as the books,” Everyone says. January 15, 2010 the story of a life and everything that came after…The Lovely bones. Ratings, what it’s about, and my opinion of why you should see it.

There are many ratings when it comes to The Lovely Bones. Critics give it 3 stars. The users from moviefone.com give it 4 stars. Rolling Stones, the critic Peter Travers gives it 4 stars. Entertainment weekly critic, Lisa Schwarzbaum gives it 3 stars. The New York Times critic A.O. Scott gives it 3 stars. As you can see it got good in overall star ratings. Average star rating is 3 stars out of 5 stars. This movie did get nominated for an Oscar and if it wins, well that answer is still pending.

The Lovely Bones is about a young girl named Suzie, and she is 14 years old. She is living the perfect life, loving family/friends. School is going great, she has finally found a boy she likes and is falling in love. Now one day she is walking home from school through the corn field which is in between her house and school. Then the neighbor guy, Mr. Harvey is in the cornfield to for some odd reason? Then he asks her to come over so he can show her his new fort he made for all the kids in the clock to come and have it be their “hangout.” Then she goes off as saying “no, I need to get home,” but then Mr. Harvey convinces her to come over and then she goes right along with it. Then he rapes and kills her like nothing ever happened. The conflict of this story is based on a young 14 year old girl who had been raped and killed, and watches over her family and her killer from heaven. She is helping guide her father along the way to try to solve the mystery murder and help heal her family of her death.

Reasons why you should see The Lovely Bones is simple. If you are a mystery movie person, this is a perfect movie for you! There is plenty of action in this movie so there’s another good reason for you to see it. I really enjoyed it because; I saw it as it was almost just like the book, which that is pretty rare.

I told you all about the ratings, what it’s all about, and my opinion of why you should see it. The Lovely Bones is an average 3 star rating so come on and go rent it! Finally along the road, a movie that is almost like the original book, The Lovely Bones.

the story of a life and everything that came after…

Fires SILVER said...
Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas

Follow your heart always!

The movie is AMAZING!!!!!!!!