The Last Song | Teen Ink

The Last Song

You freeze as you’re waiting in line anxiously to buy you ticket as you walk in the theater you smell the burnt buttery popcorn and walk into a big sticky mess or spilt coke.
The last song is about romance, second chances, heart break, and a father who is trying to reconnect with his daughter, but all they have in common is music, is that enough?

Directed by Julie Anne Robinson, written by Nicolas Spark. Miley Cyrus as Veronica other known has Ronnie, is a very troubled teenager, who use to play piano and got into Julliard but stopped playing and denied the offer into Julliard. Her mom sent her and her little brother off to a small town for the summer to spend time with her dad hoping the Ronnie will reconnect with her dad. Ronnie would’ve much rather stayed in New York .Bobby Coleman as her little brother who thinks differently. All Jonah wants to do is spend time with his dad and tries to get the family back together. Greg Kinnear as Steve, Ronnie’s dad is trying to get Ronnie onto the right path of life again and trying to get her into playing what he knows his daughter does best, piano. But what nobody knows is that he’s dying of cancer Liam Hemsworth or Will is from a rich, stuck up family, and has tons of girls after him, but he doesn’t want any of them, he wants Ronnie. But while everyone thinks Steve burnt down the church, only Will knows the truth on who did.
The last song opened my eyes and made me realize that everyone deserves a second chance and that life is way to short to push people that love and care for you away. Just like Ronnie and her father, my father and I didn’t have anything in common. I stopped talking to him; all he tried to do was reconnect with me. Just like Ronnie did, I pushed him away.

The last song is a wonderful story that’s opened my eyes to a lot of things. Life is too short to push people that love you away, forgive and forget. The last song is about Romance, heart break, but mostly second chances.