How to Train Your Dragon in 3D | Teen Ink

How to Train Your Dragon in 3D

As part of an English assignment in school, I was asked to submit a movie review to your publication. I went and saw the movie “How to Train Your Dragon” in 3D. I was dragged to this movie and was not looking forward to seeing it. I was legitimately angry that I had to go and see it, but I had a change of heart. I left the movie theater so excited and happy. It was a great movie, especially in 3D. The movie was about Dragons. A kid named, Hiccup, grew up in a Viking village as the son of the chief and famous dragon slayer. Hiccup always wanted to be a dragon slayer, but was never allowed to because he was so weak and small. He was a prehistoric nerd and tried to build a machine that could slay dragons, but all it did was clip the Dragon’s wings. In developing ways to slay dragons, Hiccup discovers how to train dragons and how training them is more important than slaying them. Hiccup becomes an unlikely hero in his village. The 3D didn’t add any emotional depth to the story line and plot of the movie, but the visual effects were pretty cool. I think I would have enjoyed this movie just as much without the 3D effect. I highly recommend this movie for people of all ages. It is really catchy for little kids and not too scary, though there are a few scenes that are a little intimidating. I think the writers did a good job making it applicable to adults as well.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

I liked it too! It was kinda heartwarming huh=) Do you know that they are making a sequel!?