500 Days of Summer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This is not a love story – at least, that is what the movie tells you in the opening scene. The movie spans 500 days in the life of a boy named Tom and the girl he falls in love with, Summer. The film jumps back and forth, showing you the good, the bad, and the heartbreak of Tom's love for Summer; it's disjointed, but creative and serves the story well.

This movie's sense of humor is quirky, going from cute to depressing in a change of scene. One moment Tom is as happy as can be, singing and dancing to “You Make My Dreams Come True,” and the next, you see a look of sadness and heartbreak.

The chemistry between the characters is very good, and the movie is well put together. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of romantic comedies, although it is really a whole new brand of movie. Overall, it should stand the test of time as a great movie that everyone should see.

MusicLuvsUs said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 2:58 am
I love this movie, and I totally and completely agree with you! <3

SallySunshine said...
Very well said! This author is outstanding!

Sam Douston replied...
I agree!