Shutter Island

“Shutter Island” with Leonardo Di Caprio is a mind bending thriller that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The plot was similar to other psychological thrillers with the exception of a few curveballs.

The movie is set in 1954; U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels (Di Caprio) is investigating the escape of one of patients at Shutter Island mental institution for the criminally insane. Daniels’ past is haunted with horrifying memories and flashbacks to WWII and the death of his wife, he tries his best to conceal his emotional baggage but his pain is tangible. Shutter Island is directed by Martin Scorsese, in my opinion it ranks up there with his other signature films like Gangs of New York, Goodfellas, The Departed, and Raging Bull. At some points in the movie it is hard to decipher between what is real life and what is a flashback but that is part of the plot, Daniels has been secretly given medicine to induce hallucinations. Trying to fight the hallucinations Daniels investigates the entire island, with dangerous mental patients lurking around every corner Shutter Island is a must see.

mcpanicfanic said...
i LOVED that movie. It kept me on the dge of my seat the whole time. the theatre was packed when i sa it. i just had a dream about it last night. weird, i know. but it was incredible. great article btw.