Titanic | Teen Ink

Titanic

By Stefanie Wasser SILVER, New City, New York
Stefanie Wasser SILVER, New City, New York

Titanic is the tragic story of true love written by famous writer/director James Cameron. The movie Titanic was based off of a true event in history. This over whelming and devastating film keeps you at the tip of your seat and your eyes glued to the screen. This movie leaves you with combined emotions of happiness, sorrow, and excitement. The amazing story line, actors, and actresses are what attract you to this movie.

The story was told 84 years later by a woman named Rose. As they searched for the heart of the ocean, they find the true story behind the Titanic. Jack Dawson, a poor artist, by fate wins a card game and gets his chance to take a journey on the boat that never sinks. The spark first began when Jack saved Rose from jumping off the boat. After that they were inseparable, but of course Rose’s family does not approve of him. Rose comes from a very rich family and is expected to marry her fiancé even though she is unhappy. Rose knew she saw something in Jack, and that’s why she kept sneaking out to see him. They fell in love on the Titanic, true love.

The Titanic hit an iceberg, and there is little time left before the boat sinks. Rose leaves her fiancé and saves jack as they both struggle to safely get off the boat. This frightening but exciting scene gives you a real feeling of what happened during the sinking of the Titanic.

Rose was a survivor, who was rescued by the only boat to come back. Jack and Roses love will forever hold on. The memories of Jack and their love will always be in her memory.

on Apr. 7 2010 at 7:33 am
Rebecca Porath GOLD, New City, New York
This review has made me love this movie even more! It has great detail and you really sell the idea that this movie is worth watching! You are very talented and it deserves to be published!!