harry potter | Teen Ink

harry potter

Defense Against the Dark Arts Teachers at Hogwarts
Hogwarts obviously has a problem with its teachers for the defense against the dark arts subject. First, they have the most evil wizard in all of time (who was thought to be gone forever, when only few believed he remained alive) attached to the teachers mind? Now if I was lucky enough to go to Hogwarts, I would defiantly not want any part of Voldemort teaching me! Then there is Professor Lockhart… oh no no no, what was Dumbledore thinking!! At least his class wasn’t as boring as Umbridge’s! My opinion, she was for sure the all-time worst. She even beats out Snape for last place (if you can even count Snape as teaching that subject seince he taught the DARK ARTS, without the defense!! Personally the winner of my favorite professor contest would have to be the Lupin or Moody… even thought Lupin is a werewolf and Moody really is a death-eater in disguise… At least they were legit. But honestly, the headmaster could have done a better job in selecting people to teach defense against the dark arts. Now don’t get me wrong, Dumbledore was no doubt the best headmaster in the history of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He just sometimes had a... lack of good judgment? But it’s okay because he makes up for it with everything else that he did that was… magical.