Paranormal Activity | Teen Ink

Paranormal Activity MAG

March 26, 2010
By Joey Cada BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Joey Cada BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Most people enjoy a little scariness at the movies. However, those who really want a thrill should see “Paranormal Activity.” As the name suggests, the movie contains many spooky events, putting the viewer in the action. Shot entirely with a handheld camcorder, a man named Micah documents the hauntings he and his girlfriend, Katie, witness in their home.

The movie will have you clutching the hand of the person next to you. “Paranormal Activity” creates intense suspense, climatically leading to a big scare.

Every night in Micah and Katie's house, interesting and disturbing things take place, so they set up a camcorder in the bedroom to capture them. It's filmed so you feel as though these events are actually happening, and you are there. From moving doors to interesting attic discoveries, the paranormal activity is sure to send a chill down your spine. Even after the movie, I felt my hairs stand on end just discussing it.

With no credits following the movie's creepy ending, this hints at it being real footage. Fact or fiction, “Paranormal Activity” delivers plenty of bone-chilling scenes and eerie noises. If you see it, make sure you have a friend along, and you'll probably want to sleep with the light on … not that it will matter.