Paranormal Activity | Teen Ink

Paranormal Activity MAG

By Joey Cada BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Joey Cada BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Most people enjoy a little scariness at the movies. However, those who really want a thrill should see “Paranormal Activity.” As the name suggests, the movie contains many spooky events, putting the viewer in the action. Shot entirely with a handheld camcorder, a man named Micah documents the hauntings he and his girlfriend, Katie, witness in their home.

The movie will have you clutching the hand of the person next to you. “Paranormal Activity” creates intense suspense, climatically leading to a big scare.

Every night in Micah and Katie's house, interesting and disturbing things take place, so they set up a camcorder in the bedroom to capture them. It's filmed so you feel as though these events are actually happening, and you are there. From moving doors to interesting attic discoveries, the paranormal activity is sure to send a chill down your spine. Even after the movie, I felt my hairs stand on end just discussing it.

With no credits following the movie's creepy ending, this hints at it being real footage. Fact or fiction, “Paranormal Activity” delivers plenty of bone-chilling scenes and eerie noises. If you see it, make sure you have a friend along, and you'll probably want to sleep with the light on … not that it will matter.

BirdJody said...
on Jan. 10 2013 at 10:05 am
Some time before, I needed to buy a building for my firm but I did not earn enough money and could not purchase anything. Thank heaven my brother adviced to try to take the loan from reliable bank. So, I acted that and used to be satisfied with my bank loan.

on Apr. 8 2010 at 7:07 am
amber_w_17 SILVER, Powell, Tennessee

All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible.
~Willliam Faulkner~

i bought this movie on dvd as soon as it came out and i was sadly devastated bc it was not as scary as they portrayed it to be. although i cant wait to see NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET appril 30...you should go see it and review that lol

J's Dad said...
Paranormal Review, different than most reviews.  Not a wasted word and I liked your errie ending comment.  5 stars

anniesgranny said...
on Apr. 2 2010 at 12:54 am
Well you sold me. Now I have to go see this movie. Give this revieiwer 5 stars.

Smart Mart said...
Great Review - give it a 5 - felt like I was watching the movie from the vivid description that captured the movie tone.