Alice in Wonderland | Teen Ink

Alice in Wonderland

By juro294 BRONZE, Jonesboro, Arkansas
juro294 BRONZE, Jonesboro, Arkansas

"'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back."

Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton, revolves around the poem "Jabberwocky".
In my oppinion, it should have been called "Return to Wonderland". the reason for this is she is now twenty years old, thirteen years after what she thinks was a terrible nightmare. While at a party, Hamish Ascot (Leo Bill) asks for Alice's (Mia Wasikowska) hand in marriage. She runs off to chase the white rabbit (voiced by Michael Sheen) down the rabbit hole. When she catches up to him, he, the tweedles (Matt Lucas), Dodo, and Dormouse tell her of Frumptious Day which is the day the "Champion" slays the Jabberwocky.
On a quest through "Underland" she meets some more old friends including the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp) the Cheshire Cat(Stephen Fry) Absolom the Blue Caterpillar (Alan Rickman) and of course the now called "Red Queen" (Helena Bonham Carter). She also makes some new friends along the way like the White Queen (Anne Hathaway) and more.
This is a great movie in both 3D and non-3D. I wouldn't take a young child because there are some parts that may scare them. Otherwise wonderful movie. You will enjoy it.