Percy Jackson and the Olympians | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

By NICKSH BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois
NICKSH BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois

Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

I recently saw Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The movie was a lot different from the book in many ways. One of the ways was Luke does not die until the last book, but he dies in the movie at the end. In the movie you are just sitting there waiting to see what happens next.

The main people are Luke the real thief and son of Apollo, Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, and his friend also junior guarding.

In the movie, Percy has a disease that causes him to not be able to read English. He can translate Greek into English. He is accused of stealing the bolt from Zeus. His teacher gives him a sword that is a pen.

That night when he gets home they go to camp have blood for Percy. He finds out he can control water and it can heal him.

He talks to Luke and Luke tells him to go to the underworld to finds his mother. They have to find three crystals to get out of the underworld. The get into the underworld and meet Hades. They fight Hades and wins. He finds the bolt and tries to return it. Luke is there to meet him. Luke and Percy fight. Percy kills Luke. Percy returns the bolt to Zeus and is able to talk to his father, but he does not.

I would give this movie four stars. Because I have seen better and I have seen worse. I thought the movie was good because it includes a lot of fighting and time. That’s why I gave it four stars.

LaylaViolet said...
I haven't seen the movie yet, so it sounds to me like you just told the whole movie. This review is poorly written; as in, what about the effects? The Actors? Big scenes?? ???

on Mar. 4 2010 at 8:50 am
MerAngel BRONZE, Manassas, Virginia

In conclusion, I hate you all-Dilbert

I've read all the books and thought that this movie was okay. Chris Columbus isn't a good director and while the action scenes were cool, there just wasn't enough exposition. Kronos, the real villian, was barely mentioned and they made up that stupid law. I was kind of disappointed. But hey, it wasn't bad.

P.S. Luke is the son of Hermes, not Apollo.