Sherlock Holmes

A Warner Bros Studios release, produced by Joel Silver

Everyone has heard of the famous fictitious detective, Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes is a recently released movie that has caught the attention of many people from ages 13to and older who likes a good mystery. Robert Downey Jr. plays Sherlock Holmes in this film.

Do you like action, mystery, or maybe even comedy movies? If so, you might want to check this one out. In the film, Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson, his friend, defeat Lord Blackwood. Lord Blackwood was sentenced to be hanged for the use of black magic! But when a villager sees Lord Blackwood walking around the grave yard after being pronounced dead, things get a little suspicious. Lord Blackwood then goes on to try and kill more innocent people. So Sherlock Holmes and his partner, Dr. Watson, must catch Lord Blackwood before anyone else is killed. But while Sherlock is in the middle of this case, the love of his life, Ms. Irene Adler is trying to keep him from figuring the mystery out. Will Sherlock find Lord Blackwood and send him to his death? Watch the movie to find out!

There are basically four main characters. Sherlock Holmes is the detective who uses his skills and mind to figure out how to catch the evil villain. Dr. Watson is Sherlock’s friend and serves as his assistant when solving mysteries. Lord Blackwood is the evil villain in this story, and his mission is to kill as many people as possible. Ms. Irene Adler and Sherlock Holmes’s relationship is very complicated. They love each other, but she is working for the villain.

If you like action-packed mystery, then this is the movie for you! Sherlock Holmes is rated PG-13, so if you’re under 13, you might want to take a parent or guardian with you to see it. Don’t worry; they will love the movie too. If you want to find out what happens to Sherlock Holmes, go watch the film in theatres today!

Alycia L. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 2 at 4:00 pm:
I love Sherlock Holmes! I've seen the movies, read the books, and watched the TV show on BBC!

HopeIsWhatWeCraveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was a great movie, although I must say, I liked the second one better.  Your review, however, sounded too much like a comercial, not a review. It was more of a "Go watch this great movie!" Thing than to inform the reader about what you thought of the movie. Maybe this would have been better seen on TV...

Aderes47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Too much story and not enough opinion and analysis!  Sorry! :( 

Andrew1313 said...
Although I do agree with some of your opinions, it does sound like you're trying to create a commercial for this movie.

yeatts said...
This review does not seem to have a flow that, in my opinion, a rewiew  should have

tatertotstewie said...
I feel that this article coud have been more welll organized. I also feel that this article couldve been written in a more mature way rather than written to an immature audience.

ThePumpedUpCakezz said...
This is not the best review I have ever read. It doesn't flow, it is rife with gramatical errors and it gives away the ending. None of the characters are explained well, the summary is lacking and it uses far too many exclamation points. Overall, this is a poorly written article.

bookinatorTS said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 11:05 am:
I absolutely loved this movie. Your review was good. The mistake was that it seemed like you just copied from the paragraph on the back of the DVD case. Other than that, good review and awesome movie.

Grimpilfer replied...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 10:53 am :
 Loved this movie was very entertaining and definetly was one of the better ones to come out. and yes i do agree that the post seems to just be copied from the paragraph on the back of the movie case.

bookinatorTS said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 10:59 am:
I absolutely loved this movie. It had my two favorite genres in one show(action & comedy). Unfortunately, the movie didn't have Sherlock Holme's original villian. I think it was Professor Mordiasse, but I really don't know. By the way, good review.

SHER_lockedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:59 pm :
It was Professor Moriarty, and yes, he was in the movie. That's who Adler was working for, but he came into the second movie a lot more.

Thomas M. said...
Sorry, but the 1st time I read this i didnt really get the gist of it because I was so busy picking up on fallacies in the grammar and sentence structure. The second time I read it, I found it very much a summarisation, not reallyexplaining the plot. It was more of part blurb you would find on the back of the DVD case and partly something you would find on advertising posters outside hmv or the cinema.

Melka26This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm:
Too much summarization, I'm sorry to say. The movie was fantastic, though, even with some corny parts to it. Nevertheless, who can't help loving Holmes?

WelshSam said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 3:38 pm:
You didn't really review it did you? You just summarised the plot (fairly poorly) and used the old "If you love.........., then you should definitley go to see........ .

WillowFalls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm:
I really love the Sherlock Holmes books, and the movie really impressed me! They didn't use any of the actual plots of the books, but the characters were portrayed really well! I totally agree with this reveiw! Good job! :D

Moviebuff0202 said...
I actually went to the set of Sherlock Holmes.  I saw them film little bits of the scene on the bridge at the end.  THe movie was actually amazing.  Great review.  Very articulate and the point is made.

13thHour said...
For those who are sherlock fans it is clear that a true effort was made to capture the sherlock-ness of the character. And they did quite well, all lose ends where tied up and esplained. I thought it was rather wll done, although you do need to use your brain when watching

Still_Waters26 said...
Not the best review, but I did love the movie.  It was full of mystery and action, but comedy relief as well.  The best part, I think, was the revolution of the character of Dr. Watson.  Before, he'd always been the sidekick who can barely keep up, but he was different in the new movie.

-frenchie- said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 9:13 pm:
I wasn't a big fan of the movie, i found it very confusing and fast paced, but i did like your review it was written very well.

CSHCSH This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:37 am:
i LOVED this movie! its now on one of my top fav movie list!!!