Hannah Montana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Do you think it would be easy to be an average teenage girl – and a pop star? Well, that describes Miley Cyrus in “Hannah Montana.” Miley Stewart is a 14-year-old leading a double life. With the help of her dad and manager, Robbie Stewart (Billy Ray Cyrus), anything is possible. This TV sitcom stands out because of its wonderful characters, hysterical acting, and age-appropriate themes.

Music’s biggest star is her school’s biggest secret. Miley is a sweet, innocent teen. Always there for her best friends, Lilly and Oliver, she still makes time for playing tricks on Amber, a popular girl who is Miley’s rival. Miley is popular, but like most students, she struggles to keep up her grades. As Hannah Montana, she’s a blonde teenage sensation, always in stylish clothes, full of energy, and ready for whatever comes her way.

If it were not for the hilarious and believable acting, this show would not be worth watching. But you just can’t help laughing when Miley says “Oh snap” or “Sweet nibblets” all the time.

Every episode contains a life lesson. It may be something simple like “Be proud of who you are.” Parents will consider this a good show for teens.

“Hannah Montana” is a show the whole family can enjoy. So, don’t be a party-pooper and miss out on the laughter. Who knows, you might even learn a life lesson.

Sammiiboo said...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 9:15 am:
ok yall!!! get over it!! hannah montana and miley r the same people. BUT it doesnt mean tht u should hurt them by being mean

nothingisreal said...
This is well-written, but I completely disagree with your view of Hannah Montana. I sincerely hope you were joking around when you wrote this.

His-Bright-Green-Eyes... said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 4:17 pm:
Cetecean? Have you even seen the show? It does have lessons and she doesn't obsess over her looks in the movie and she does NOT treat her family and friends like dirt. Only her brother. But that's EVERYONE right?

kellay replied...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm :
Actually, she kinda does treat them like dirt. I mean anytime she's in a problem (which is ALL the time), her friends are right there to help; but whenever her friends need help she acts like her issues are more important than hers and that they're acting like babies. I'm not saying this happens all the time, but the majority, yes.

Xavier S. said...
she is worst than britney spears

Candace S. said...
Miley doesn't only have time for pulling tricks on her rival Amber it is also the best friend of her Ashley and sometimes Hannah has her dad Robby Ray pull her out of her problems like when she got caught without a drivers lisence

britneyspears said...
Mar. 30, 2009 at 11:46 pm:
HANNAH MONTANA RULES! GET OVER IT!

Megan S. said...
Mar. 6, 2009 at 9:48 pm:
Life lessons? Not so much. Miley obsesses over her looks, and treats her friends and family like dirt. Thanks to that show, young girls think that it's ok to act like that, and that is in no way acceptable.

bttrflyrose5 said...
i Think you wrote an amazing summary, but its for a not so amazing show. I personallt believe that this show gives a bad example for teens and children because, not only does it show that its "cool" to wast all your money, obsese over your looks and treat your friends like dirt. have you ever noticed how much she threatens Lily and Oliver, shes in charge and thats the only option. And the amount she says "Blank" say what? and Sweet Nibblets get annoying. Plus, the way she por... (more »)

brookebarten_ha_i_wish said...
Miley Cyrus can't sing, act, or be a decent influence to young children. But this is a pretty funny show. I like it and watch it when I'm bored. Yeah - why hide true identities for real kids!? But don't think about that, and just enjoy the show.
Thankies.
:)

nids said...
Dec. 3, 2008 at 9:46 am:
the article is wonderful.it tells about miley's role as hanna montana which is a typical teen role.this article cannot fail in persuading u to watch the show

myowncharacter said...
Nov. 24, 2008 at 1:52 am:
Okay, no, sorry, but the show delivers a terrible message. Hide what you really are to be 'cool'? Uh-uh. If the viewer saw that was a future homosexual, perhaps depressed, or had something else that they should be able to tell people, how do you think they'd feel? You also have to look behind the scenes at Little Miss I'm So Perfect Miley Cyrus. 15-year-old-superstar dating a 20-year-old underwear model? Come ON! Is that really what we want to be sending to young girls? And all that stuff with h... (more »)

miley123 said...
i like this article because it fully and accurtley tells abuot why most teens watch stuff like hannah montana or suite life of zack and cody.

chadsmith said...
I feel that the Miley Cyrus hit TV show of Hannah Montana is a terrible influence on our youth. The idea that our youth must hide their true identities and trying to become a super star is completely unethical. The Jonas brothers? also a terrible influence on young males. Young males should not be exposed to such flamboyantly homosexual groups. By all means I am not criticizing their sexual orientation, but it is wrong for these homosexual ideas to be forced upon our youth of America. Young male... (more »)

EdytD replied...
Dec. 12, 2009 at 10:25 pm :
I see your point that it is a bad idea for youth to hide their identities. But at the same time, the idea that one should be able to be whomever he or she wants to be without pressure is particularly appealling. At the same time, though, it is true that it does display some shirking of society's responsibilities. I do agree with you on that. However, I do not think it is a terrible influence; in a world with songs and music aimed at young adults and children explicitly discussing involv... (more »)

degrassi12 said...
I like the Hannah Monta show it is a great show i think it is so awsome.