Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief

You all have heard of the Demi-God Percy Jackson, and that the first movie came out President's day. I saw the movie yesterday and I have to say that I was disappointed. Now I understand that movies can't be EXACTLY like the books, but they can get close. This movie was so far off I was confused through the whole movie. It doesn't show his dreams, it doesn't mention the mist, the Gods don't claim their children, the DG's don't have cabins either they have individual houses, and much more. There was so much taken out of the movie and at the same time so much added to it. It was not what I expected and if you have read the books you won't like it as much.

Acastillo said...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:56 am
Yea I wish that they could have did it more like the book, it would have been so much better. Check out my ballad called percy Jackson and the Olympians?

JJJJJ said...
Sept. 28, 2010 at 10:01 am
This was the first book i never wanted to put down. Reading the rest of the books now. Loved it.

SquirrelGirl said...
Oh my gosh I absolutely hated that movie! I loved the series but it was like the author was like " okay here's my story do whatever you want with it..." and it was made for more boys it seemed. Grover kept hitting on girls! And Annabeth was 23! What is that? And mostly little kids were in the theater so obviously it hadn't attracted anyone over 14 really. I was completely dissapointed from the first minute in the movie to the end

Rennie said...
I totally agree i was really impressed by the special effects in the movie, but two totally different stories! I was mad cuz i wanted to see on the screen what i read in the book. :(

Lola Sveroski said...
Wow. You're right. If you look on fanfiction.net, I posterd a rant on my profile. just search Lola Sveroski to find it.

juro294 replied...
Hey I read your rant and it was so true. I would have put so much more in my review but I just couldn't remember all of the things that they did wrong. Thanks