High School Musical 2 | Teen Ink

High School Musical 2 MAG

By Anonymous

The charming and playful sequel to Disney’s original “High School Musical,” this movie is a blast of music, drama, and summer fun.

The handsome Zac Effron again plays the basketball captain, Troy, with the voice
of an angel. In the first movie, the issue for him was to choose between basketball and singing – in addition to maintaining a relationship with his love interest, Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Anne Hudgens).

In this sequel, Troy’s relationship with Gabriella continues into the summer as they both work at a country club. However, there is a catch to this summer lovin’ – Sharpay Evans (Ashley Tisdale) vacations there and, as a spoiled spotlight-lover, tries to be the star of the talent show. She is also trying to win Troy’s affections.

Typically, the drama unfolds and the musical numbers are sung, but as I watched with my siblings, they grew tired of the long numbers – especially the overly dramatic ones when Gabriella cries her eyes out. She reminded me of a little girl losing her puppy, not someone in high school.

However, no one can forget the musical number with Troy rushing off into the desert to vent his feelings about losing Gabriella.

Overall, the movie is a fairly good sequel, with catchy tunes and colorful characters. And considering the acting, soundtrack, and characters, it’s even better than the first.