Ocean's Thirteen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Ocean’s Thirteen” was one of the better movies that came out last summer. Loaded with star power, the plot is very enjoyable. It’s about two hours long, but the time flies by.

The old crew has split up since their last job. Reuben Tishkoff (played by Elliott Gould) is building a hotel with casino mogul Willie Bank (Al Pacino). Bank uses Reuben and then cuts him out of the deal just before the hotel opens. Out of shock, Reuben has a heart attack and lands in the hospital.

This reunites the old gang with the common goal of getting revenge on Willie Bank. They decide not only to rob him but to bankrupt him. The team will do whatever is necessary to get back at Bank, even creating an earthquake and seeking help from an old enemy.

The acting is superb and the movie is loaded with A-class stars. George Clooney and Brad Pitt complement each other excellently, acting as if they’d been best friends since the day they were born and even appear to be thinking the same things. However, Clooney and Pitt are not the only ones who shine. Matt Damon plays both his parts beautifully. Many of the main characters play two roles, and everyone does an excellent job.

Director Steven Soderbergh made sure the movie moves smoothly with each scene flowing into the next.

I enjoyed “Ocean’s Thirteen” immensely. The plot was entertaining and the acting was great. What else does a person want from a movie?