No Country for Old Men | Teen Ink

No Country for Old Men MAG

By Anonymous

Since I go to the movies a lot, I tend to see almost every movie within one weekend. I had seen commercials for “No Country for Old Men” and I didn’t really know what it was about but I thought, Why not? I’ve seen pretty much everything else.

So my sister and I went. It was pretty violent and gruesome without mercy, but I liked it. The movie takes place in the early ’80s in a small Texas town where the people were unaware that a new man was passing through – but he wasn’t going to leave unnoticed. He was on a mission to destroy whoever and whatever stood in his way of getting the $2 million he knew about.

I don’t want to give too much away, but he is a crazy person who will not and cannot be stopped because he has the willpower and strength of twenty men. All I can say is that you will be on the edge of your seat because there is so much action, and you’d better be ready for some brutal scenes with blood, guts, and violence.

The movie lasts a little over two hours, which is a long time, but I can honestly say it was an exceedingly good film. The only letdown for me was the ending. I was expecting something big because throughout the movie I had the impression that since so much was happening, the end would go out with a bang, but I guess it’s okay to go beyond what the viewer might think and twist it up a bit.