Catch and Release | Teen Ink

Catch and Release MAG

“Catch and Release” appears to be a chick flick, but it is much more. Written and directed by Susannah Grant, the writer of “Erin Brokovich,” it is sure to make you laugh, cry and everything in between.

Gray Wheeler (Jennifer Garner) is truly in love, and ready to spend her life with her fiancé, when he suddenly passes away. On the day that she is supposed to get married, she instead buries her soulmate.

Gray is heartbroken and doesn’t know where to turn. Living with her fiancé’s best friends, Sam (Kevin Smith) and Dennis (Sam Jaeger), and developing a friendship with Fritz (Timothy Olyphant), coping is made easier, and slowly Gray’s life returns to normal. That is, until the lies start to unfold, and the truth walks in the door - literally. The man Gray was in love with wasn’t all she thought, and his friends are hiding a few things, too. Despite the turmoil, Gray manages to find true love once again - with the last person she expects.

Not only is this movie about finding love, it is about finding yourself, friendship, and becoming a stronger person. Whether you’re seeing “Catch and Release” with a bunch of friends, a boyfriend, or even by yourself, I think you will truly enjoy it, as I did.