Wayne's World

Get ready to turn your IQ down a few notches, because it is time for ‘Wayne’s World”. So great ready to laugh, cry, and hurl. This movie is perfect on a rainy day where you round up a group of friends, and get some sodas and popcorn. If you are a pedantic critic who thinks in black and white, than go watch “Citizen Kane”, and “The Godfather”.

The plot is simple. Two slackers Wayne and Garth host a cable access show in their basement. A TV executive named Ben Kane wants to air the show on TV. At first Wayne and Garth accept Ben’s offer but realize that Ben is plotting to discredit them and take their show away from them. Could Wayne and Garth prevent Ben from taking their show?

Released in 1992, this movie stills holds up by today’s standards. I mean sure the film’s plot has been rehashed out the wazoo, but it is overshadowed by the nonstop laughs this film provides. This movie is one that I fondly refer to as a live action cartoon. For example, the characters has the funniest one-liners reminiscent of Bugs Bunny’s “what’s up doc”, Daffy Duck’s “you’re despicable”, and Elmer Fudd’s “be very quiet, I’m hunting wabbits”. It works out as a great teen comedy with it’s sophomoric humor, but it does not get too disgusting. It features a great soundtrack, consisting of beloved classics such as “Bohemian Rhapsody”, and “Stairway to Heaven”. At first, it seems to be some cheap “Bill and Ted” rip-off but it’s something more.

Watch it and 95 minutes, flies like a whirlwind.

My Rating: 4 1/2 stars out of 5

SonnyChapman said...
I absolutely love this movie ! It's hilarious.

zman1 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My work has pretty much barely any comments and I would like to hear what you guys think. So please comment!