Fantastic Mr. Fox | Teen Ink

Fantastic Mr. Fox

January 11, 2010
By Maura Falk SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Maura Falk SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

POV Contest Entry

While my brother was home recently we made the executive decision to go see a movie to entertain ourselves for the night. My suggestion to see New Moon was quickly shot down while his idea to see 2012 didn’t make quite the cut either. To compromise we found ourselves at Fantastic Mr. Fox.
I will admit to being skeptical at first, I am a 17 years old and going to an animated film wasn’t exactly what I had planned for my Saturday night. How wrong I was. I loved it.

The movie is about Mr. Fox and his hen heckling, turkey taking and cider sipping, nocturnal, adventures. He has tried to reform but one more raid is in order. The raid will be against Boggis, Bunce, and Bean, the three nastiest farmers of the town. But his night time activities don’t just affect him as events snowball out of control the entire town of animals find themselves involved. The movie is animated, but the actors enlisted for the voices aren’t just anyone. Some of the voices include George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, and Owen Wilson.

I would personally recommend that if you are ever at a loss for what to do take a trip to the movie theater and buy a Fantastic Mr. Fox ticket. You are guaranteed a good laugh and a touching message, that everyone has something to offer no matter how different they are.