The Curious Case of Benjamin Button This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett (The Aviator, Elizabeth-The Golden Age) is about a man named Benjamin Button and the story detailing his life. What is different about Benjamin is that he is a baby, who has the appearance of an 80-year-old man, and how he ends up aging backwards. As he gets older, he physically becomes younger.

Over the course of the film, loosely based off of an F. Scott Fitzgerald short story, Brad Pitt, with the help of CGI, undergoes a series of transformations to play the character up to his teenage appearance. The CGI in this film is astonishing and enhanced the believability of the plot. The plot of the film moves somewhat slow at times, but overall is perfectly paced. The screenplay takes you on the journey of the character’s life and is beautifully written, although is somewhat long. Brad Pitt has done exceptional work in the past, and this is no exception. The choice of this film gives him the ability to show off his acting chops and he does so in this amazing performance. Cate Blanchett has, once again, given an exceptional performance as well. The supporting cast, especially Taraji P. Henson (The Family That Preys) who played Benjamin’s adopted mother, is great in the film and complements the movie beautifully. The direction of David Fincher (Zodiac) and the cinematography are great.

Critically, this movie has gotten rave reviews, although it did not receive any Golden Globes, but the audience has a mixed reaction. This film has an amazing message: Life is a gift and we should all treasure what we have and the people who make life worth living. It is an uplifting film that is needed in this time of uncertainty and it is a must-see.