New Moon: The Wait for Screaming Teenage Girls Is Over | Teen Ink

New Moon: The Wait for Screaming Teenage Girls Is Over

December 19, 2009
By SowmyaA SILVER, San Jose, California
SowmyaA SILVER, San Jose, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is full of unpredictability, so enjoy it while you can.


Finally, the wait for many a teenage girl is over. New Moon is out! The second installment of the Twilight Saga had been getting decent reviews and this review is no exception. Many of you readers have probably read the books and know what happens, but for those who don’t, New Moon completely breaks apart the romance that the first movie, Twilight, created.
Bella (Kirsten Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) break up after Jasper (Jackson Rathbone) tries to attack Bella after she gets a paper cut. Edward moves away and promises he will never see Bella again. Bella’s world is turned upside down and she sinks into a terrible depression, which is eased by her best friend, Jacob (Taylor Lautner). Jacob then discovers that he is a werewolf and ends up joining the Wolf Pack. New Moon takes us on a journey of ultimate sadness, friendship in a time of need, and the sacrifices lovers make for one another.
The entire film is very focused of Jacob and Taylor Lautner holds his own on screen and the camera suits him well. Kirsten’s performance is an improvement to her last, but still could have been better. In this film, many teenage girls missed the perceived handsomeness that is Robert Pattinson, however when he was on screen, he was more believable as Edward than in the last film. The new characters such as the Volturi and the Wolf Pack were seamlessly introduced and each actor in their respective group played their parts effectively. The director Chris Weitz was ten times better then the Twilight director, Catherine Hardwick, because he did not continuously create nauseous camera angles and stayed incredibly true to the book, which most Twi-hards would appreciate.
However most of the people who watched this move probably will remember a few things: the werewolves and how they look like overgrown dogs, the shirtless men that make up the Wolf Pack, the decently choreographed fight sequences, people telling Bella she is the best thing ever created on the face of this universe every three and a half minutes, and the only time Edward Cullen showed semi-defined abs. All in all, New Moon was better than Twilight. The Twilight Saga has now turned into a bonafide phenomenon, ranking in over $140 million opening weekend, and hopefully people will sit back, relax and enjoy the ride until its next stop Eclipse set to release in June 2010.