Nine | Teen Ink

Nine

December 8, 2009
By Joseph Certesio BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
Joseph Certesio BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I recently saw the long awaited movie 9. I thought going into the movie theater it would be a somewhat scary movie as was portrayed in the trailer. Although not as scary as I thought it may have been, the movie was definitely different. This film by directors Shane Ecker, Tim Burton, and Timur Bekmembetov was not as great as it was made out to be. By the looks of its trailers, it was going to be one of the greater movies of the summer.


All movies fall into two categories normally: good or bad. This movie however was so conflicting between good and bad, I don’t feel it would be a good fit in either category. 9 was just… different. The whole apocalypse theme was nothing new this summer. The movie ‘Knowing’ came out earlier in the summer and so did ‘Transformers’. However, 9 wasn’t your classic man versus alien conflict; the human apocalypse actually happened in the beginning. It was about a group of rag dolls who had a human spirit and were trying to survive after the fall of humans. Will they win in the end? Either way; the movie leaves many unanswered questions. I give this movie a rating of 4/5. Although most would have said this movie was dumb, I thought it most interesting.