The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants | Teen Ink

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

By cheerx0x BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
cheerx0x BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

This movie, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, is about four girls: Bridget, Carmen, Tibby, and Lena, who have been best friends since they were little girls. They have been through so much over the years and have always been there for each other. They are sixteen years old now and have never been apart until this summer. They go on a shopping trip and make each other try on the same pair of jeans. The girls were just goofing off at first, but then somehow, the jeans fit all four of them perfectly. They then decided since they won’t be together in person that they could be together in spirit through these pants. Each girl will have them for one week and will write a letter to the person that they are sending the pants off to explaining what happened while wearing the pants.

During the summer Lena goes to Greece, Tibby stays home, Bridget goes to soccer camp, and Carmen goes to her dad’s house. At the end of the summer when the girls reunite, each girl shares something that they learned during the summer. Lena learned to love and be more outgoing instead of being shy, Tibby learned that the world isn’t as horrible as she thought, Carmen learned to talk with her dad and accept his decisions in life, and Bridget learned to show her emotions and let it all out instead of trying to be strong. At the end of the summer the girls are reunited and are, as always, there for each other. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a great movie about friendship. Any group of friends or family should definitely see this movie because I’m sure they would enjoy it; I know I did.