The Final Curtain Call: This is it! | Teen Ink

The Final Curtain Call: This is it!

By DianaHurtado BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
DianaHurtado BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The Final Curtain Call: This Is It

The minute I stepped into the movie theater, the spirit of the famous “King Of Pop” certainly was still alive. At the entrance of the viewing theater, a employee was selling the original design shirts that would have been sold at the concerts and multiple fans were reaching into their wallets to grab their souvenir to remember by. Inside of the actual viewing theater, a group of teenagers stood to the side while one of them did Michael Jackson’s classic dances. Multiple people in the audience were wearing the “ RIP King of Pop” shirts. It wasn’t a full theater as it may have been on the first two days, but it still had a good amount of people.
Once the movie started, I was absolutely blown away.
The lost tapes of Michael Jackson’s final rehearsals that were originally for his private viewing library stunned the audience completely. The what would have been “ This is It!” tour certainly deserved the attention. The classics hits such as “ Thriller”, “ Smooth Criminal”, and “ Earth Song” certainly took many, many months to complete the special effects . I was most impressed on the works of “ Smooth Criminal” and “ Thriller” for the most part. “ Thriller” brought back the classic zombie scene but with so many added affects and a 3-D motion picture coming right off the back screen. As for “ Smooth Criminal” , the popping machine guns, the costuming, and quick paced dancers made the whole scene come to life. He brought back two of the classic Jackson 5 songs he sang as a young child like “ I’ll Be There” and added them to his performance.
Besides the dancing, and special effects, we see a happy and a humorous musician who cared for his music and enjoyed life. He made sure every piece of music had his soul and pace, which not very many artists do. His dancers also had to take a part of his soul in the music. We see that Michael was respectful and he appreciated all that he had that what his producers and managers did to make his dream come to life. Michael then ended the show with “ Man in the Mirror”. At that moment, I turned to my aunt and saw her crying and others around me crying. I felt a lump in my throat. It was true, and I’m not afraid to admit it. We lost a true musician too soon.
This two week only show really moved the senses and gave a deep glimpse into what would have been the most spectacular concert to have been touring today. Michael, the world’s most famous musician, was bringing a true gift to the world before his death; the gift of music and the insight of his dream concert. He was taking the classics HIS fans wanted to hear and made them spectacular in every way possible. He wasn’t a self- centered person and wanted all of his crew to participate and be the best they could be. Even if you’re not a Michael Jackson fan, you certainly will be amazed at what he was preparing with his music. I absolutely enjoyed it. It was certainly the best concert he was going to put on for his fans and the world. Michael has a depth to him that people don’t really know. He was a true musician and he has been an inspiration to so many famous musicians, dancers, and artists today.
Goodbye Michael. This was the best. THIS WAS IT.

DianaHurtado BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
True all the way! Thank you for commenting!

Brazerker BRONZE, Garretson, South Dakota
Michael jackson is one the best singers in the world. All of his music is great.