9 | Teen Ink

9

By RENTHead123 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
RENTHead123 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

The movie “9” came out, appropriately, on 9/9/09. The story includes 9 different puppet-like creatures played by a great cast. #1, the leader, is played by Christopher Plummer, #2, the first living thing 9 ever meets, is voiced by Martin Landau. #3 and #4 are the funny, eccentric, silent twins. #5, 9’s best friend, is the hilarious John C. Reilly. #6 is played by Crispin Glover. Everybody thinks that 6 is kind of crazy, sitting in the dark corner making the same strange drawings over and over again, but there might be a method to his madness. The only girl of the group is #7, is played by Jennifer Connelly. Fred Taticore is #8, #1’s right hand man. Finally, the hero and main character of our story, #9, is Elijah Wood from the popular Lord of the Rings trilogy. The movie has made $27,859,027 in the United States and $32,348,740 world-wide, since its release 22 days ago*.
The story begins when 9, named so because he was the 9th creature created, wakes up in a laboratory after all of humanity has been destroyed after losing the war against the Machines. Soon, he meets 2 who tries to lead him to safety, when the Beast suddenly appears out of nowhere, attacks and knocks 9 out and captures and bounds towards the mysterious three towers in the distance, with limp 2 in his mouth. 9 regains consciousness under the care of 5 who is with 1, 6, and 8 in an old, abandoned church. That is when 9 convinces 5 to try and save 2. The others forbid it but 6 tells them to go to the source. The others join part way to the layer. When they get

*As of October 1st, 2009

to the feared three towers/ layer of the Beast appears to help slay the monster.
When 9 suddenly sees a space for an old looking trinket he found in the lab where he woke up and puts it in and unknowingly awakens the most evil machine that gets its power from sucking out souls and starts by killing 2. So, with the help of each other and all their special skills and talents, can our heroes join together to stop machines from destroying another entire walk of life?

In my opinion, it was an awesome movie that was produced by my favorite director Tim Burton. It was full of on-the-edge-of-your-seat non-stop action with an awesome story that wasn’t difficult to follow but kept me hooked the whole way through. Although I have to warn you not to get too attached to some of the characters. But don’t worry it has a happy ending. I would definitely recommend this to all Tim Burton fans and action lovers. I have to admit I thought it would be dumb but after I got dragged into it I was so glad I went! I promise it will be worth your wait, time, and money. Although going to the movies isn’t the ideal way to waste away money, especially now you will be glad you took my advice if you go.