Up | Teen Ink

Up

By Lulu.L.N. BRONZE, Miami, Florida
Lulu.L.N. BRONZE, Miami, Florida

Disney, Pixar has done it again. With director Pete Docter, the new cartoon film Up has a definite thumbs up. Not only colorful and with great graphics but with a heartwarming and touching story. An old balloon salesman named Carl who waited his whole life to travel but was never able to fulfill his dream, suddenly realizes that it might be too late, he creates a brilliant plan to fly away to his dream destination by tying a thousand colorful balloons to his house. When bubbly young Russell, a boy-scout troop member, knocks on the door of the flying house Carl knows he's in for a wild ride. Along the way he learns to let go of his past, and he finds love and friendship in different ways. It is a story of adventure, comedy and friendship. No doubt that this film will go down to be a Disney classic, for both children and adults. After watching this movie once, I took both my parents and my younger cousins to watch it with me. They all loved it! This movie is truly up there.

peace-love said...
i really liked ur review and i also loved that movei i think it is great

on Oct. 30 2009 at 11:00 am
This piece is the best 1 have read all DAY! THis movie was so cute! I LOVED IT!

KarianaGold PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

The grass may be greener on the other side but sometimes when you get there you realize that he flowers were prettier back home.

My cousin Rogan Griffin helped make that movie. I fell in love with it.

ubercool12 said...
I loved that movie!

l.G. Smiles said...
I agree. I loved this movie but cried because I thought it was sad when he was alone and thought of his wife. Anyway it was really great. I took my cousins and they loved it! It was really funny, too!!

ImmortalDay said...
I want to see the movie nicely done

Lea Verrlone said...
I totally agree! I managed, luckily, to bag Premiere Tickets to see this film in Central London and I was certainly impressed. Making me cry in a film, a book, or even just a short story isn't much of an accomplishment - but, not only did i cry in an ANIMATED movie; but i cried SEVERAL times in an animated movie. I truly enjoyed this film - tears of joy at the end, if you like.

Russel is such a lovable character. Although, Carl had to be my favourite. The old man, who has just lost his eccentric and fun-loving wife, now leads a life alone. However, he finds happiness and travels on one last, memorable adventure!

It was, save for a few factors, a believeable story. I think that that made it all the more special.