Inglourious Basterds | Teen Ink

Inglourious Basterds

By Nabu88 BRONZE, Sunny Isles, Florida
Nabu88 BRONZE, Sunny Isles, Florida

Inglorious Basterds is the must see movie of the year. Quentin Tarantino proves once again why many consider him one of the best movie directors of all time. Tarantino, outdoing his previous creation, has created an action packed movie with gore and violence which will have you squirming in your seat and clever dialogue that will have you smiling the whole movie. What many say could be the best work of his career, Inglorious Basterds was a hit at the box office racking up 6.5 million dollars. “D*** good, what a way to end the summer!” says Jolene Mendez of Entertainment Spectrum.
The movie is set during 1944, after the D-day landings but before the liberation of Paris. The movie follows the “Inglorious Basterds” a group made to do one thing only, eliminate all Nazis. The group is led by Lt. Aldo Raine, played by the very dreamy Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt gave a stunning performance. This movie showed Pitt's dexterity as he played a southern Colonel hunting for Nazi scalps. Come to think of it I never recall seeing a bad movie with Brad Pitt in it.
Although all the actors exhibited amazing performances, Christopher Waltz stood out the most with the portrayal of Nazi colonel Hans Landa. Waltz plays Colonel Hanz, a sly, sadistic, evil and treacherous character; however at the same time he can be very charming and polite. Landa's deeds during the war for the Nazi's have earned him the name “The Jew Hunter” a name which he wears proudly. Landa considers himself a detective who needs to find all the Jews and exterminate them all. Christopher Waltz went on to win the best actor award during the Cannes Film Festival for his performance in Inglorious Basterds.
With award winning actors offering stunning performances and a story line that will not disappoint this movie will have you sitting on the edge of your seat the whole time. If you have not yet seen this movie please make an effort to do so, I promise you will not regret it.

Mazga said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 1:03 pm
Mazga, Constanta, Other
Quentin is a genius! Hoping for an Oscar?

+the first 20 min of the film are epic