Bruno | Teen Ink

Bruno

By mackenzziee BRONZE, Miami, Florida
mackenzziee BRONZE, Miami, Florida

“Hi! I'm Bruno”
Bruno. Known to be the summers' greatest film. A movie heard to be the new and improved Borat across the world, turned out to be one of the most disgusting films of the year.
Once again another comedy film, created by Sasha Baron Cohen, is released into theaters the beginning of summer 2009. People are excited, running around and telling all their friends that the first thing they have to do when school is over is go to the nearest movie theater and watch Bruno. I was one of those people who got to experience the film on big screen and, it was not what I had expected.
It started off like the past film created by Sasha with complete stupidity, but it had everyone laughing. After a good ten minutes the movie started to show its dark and disturbing side. Not only did Sasha Cohen start to ridicule religions and ethnicities but made the whole movie based on gays. When people do what he did in this movie made being gay look like an outrageous way of living life. It is rudely wrong and offensive to gay rights in America.
A film that is completely uncensored and way to in depth with sexuality should not be a film to hit the box office. Even though Borat, the first film created by Sasha Cohen, had some nudity scenes and racist remarks throughout the movie, it was nothing compared to the shocking and despicable Bruno.
As a fan of Knocked Up, Pineapple Express, Roll Models, Step Brothers, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall; I found Bruno to be the worst movie of them all. This unpleasant film comes out on DVD on September 18th, 2009. If you did not see it in the theaters, don't waste your time and money on the DVD.

AndersN GOLD said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 11:41 am
AndersN GOLD, Park City, Utah

"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelo

I completely agree. This is a hideous movie. I know someone who is homosexual, and they are nothing like this stupid stereotype. Most of the gays in the world are people who are quiet about what they really feel inside, and you can't tell a thing about them on the outside. Only about 1/50 of all gays are like this...Borat...

bandgeek67 said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 9:38 am
i love the movie it is so halarious!!!! HAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL!!!!!