Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

September 17, 2009
By Heather Manning PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland
Heather Manning PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland
46 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a well developed story that is captured well on screen. The director, David Yates, really stays close to the story line without going overboard. Having the same actors/actresses that played in the other 5 previous movies really helps the story flow. In this movie Harry, Ron and, Hermione learn that Hogwarts may not be as safe as it used to be because Voldermort is more active and dangerous. They are scared to go back but in the end they do return because they love Hogwarts.
When they get there all the students are notified they have a new potions teacher because Snape got the job as Defense of Dark Arts teacher. This new teacher to teach potions was hired by Dumbledore. Dumbledore knew he knew secrets of Voldermort's past. Later Harry is asked to help uncover secrets about Voldermort. Dumbledore told Harry to do whatever he has to do to save the wizarding world.

Harry Potter has something for everyone action, comedy, and romance. The part fascinating to me is how well the characters have developed over the years. Harry, Ron, and Hermione go through similar challenges as regular teenagers. For example, they all have romances but they deal with them in different ways which makes the movie more interesting and intriguing. The movie also has a good balance of action and comedy. The action is unforgettable and realistic. You feel the danger Harry is in throughout the movie.
I was on the edge of my seat wondering what is going to happen next. There were also parts where I couldn't help but laugh out loud. That makes the movie easy to follow with the way they transitioned into scenes. It wasn't overwhelmed with one thing like action or another elements of the story. You will clearly see the switches of the mood in the movie because they focused on that and made sure you would understand that.

I strongly agree with critics that Harry potter is darker. I believe that the darkness is a symbol of what he is forced to go through in life as he gets older. That is true about real life too because we go through hard times. My point is that they did a good job in showing how you can have up and downs in life and not all things in life are always perfect. They kept an eye on detail that made the movie better (ex luna love goods lion hat) that shows they really did stay close to detail of the book. The critics average was a b plus I disagree with this rating because some critics say there is a little to much romance but I think that is just trying to show how the characters are evolving Maybe also trying to appeal to the people that like romance

I recommend this to anyone who wants to see a movie that is fantasy but you can still relate to in some way because of all this movie has to offer relationships romances and friendships of many. Watch them overcome challenges that only can be conquered together. Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron) really get to blossom as actors/actresses by getting in to character and infusing their own personality.