Confessions of a Shopaholic | Teen Ink

Confessions of a Shopaholic

August 25, 2009
By XoLaUrEnOx7 GOLD, Mapleville, Rhode Island
XoLaUrEnOx7 GOLD, Mapleville, Rhode Island
13 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When chocolates show up at your door, you know a boy loves you and is watching you."
- Me!
"Who needs a guy when you have chocolate and friends?!"
- Me again!


This movie is about 25 year old Rebecca Bloomwood, who is a shopaholic. She is struggling with credit card debt of about $16,oo. To pay off her debt, she tries to get another job. Rebecca wants to work at Alette magazine, but ends up at Successful Savings, a magazine a couple of levels below Alette. She writes an article called "The Girl In The Green Scarf." The article is based on shopping and financial managing. Rebecca also has the green scarf. The debt collector, Derek Smeath, has been following her trying to get her to pay her debt solution. She makes up a story and tell Brandon, her boss, that Derek is her ex-boyfriend and is stalking her. But that's where things start to go wrong. Rebecca is suddenly attracted to Brandon. She sells her best friend's bridesmaid dress (the dress is for Rebecca) in order to get back her TV show outfit. But then at the TV show, Derek shows up and demands the money she owes on live TV. All the secrets come pouring out, and Rebecca is embarassed on the talkshow. So to pay off her debt, Rebecca decides to sell almost of of her clothes, shoes, jewelry, and accessories. She finallly sells the green scarf. She manages to pay off her debt. Rebecca also manages to make out with her best friend and gets the dress back. After the wedding, as Rebecca's walking home, she spots Brandon with her green scarf. He forgives her, gives her the scarf, and they all live happily ever after.
I thought this movie was a comedy. It showed the joys and perils of shopping and financial management.
I would recommend this movie to anyone.