The Proposal | Teen Ink

The Proposal

August 5, 2009
By rachrawr BRONZE, Portsmouth, Other
rachrawr BRONZE, Portsmouth, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The minute I found out Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock were starring side by side in this film, I knew I would watch it a million times. It was the perfect set up for a comedy duo to shine. Both their characters, as expected, oozed with witty sarcasm throughout the film. Hence causing more than a few chuckles, and a good amount of 'belly laughs'. This is everything you would expect from a romantic comedy, including the far away destination, the turbulence between the meant to be happy couple, and the overly romantic ending. It's just enough to make any girl fall for it, and gives guys the excuse to see Sandra Bullock wearing next to nothing. (Let's not forget Ryan Reynolds wearing not much more.) The plot is something not far off perfect, and will leave you smiling. If you didn't love Reynolds before this, you certainly will now. As he becomes a hero, as uncertain as he is about it, and Bullock comes out of her shell as the girl who never thought she could fall in love. This is the feel good film of the summer, with unexpected laughs, and a fun plot. If you walk out of that movie theatre and haven't laughed once, then there is something wrong with you because this film, is a true comedy.