New In Town | Teen Ink

New In Town

By Miranda BRONZE, Hertfordshire, Other
Miranda BRONZE, Hertfordshire, Other

I'm utterly convinced that the term: ‘hidden gem' was devised solely to praise this wonderfully understated film.

Having received little publicity and failed in exciting the box office big-shots, with promises of hefty profits, it well and truly came out of hiding.

Other than its lead actress, Renée Zellweger, severely lacking in the fat department (having slimmed right down since her ‘Bridget Jones' days), the film is missing nothing – from laugh-out-loud moments to the odd sneaky rendezvous – it houses just about every emotion you could possibly hope to feel within an hour and a half.

Though the film is set primarily in the devastatingly cold city of Winnipeg, Canada, it couldn't have been of a more heart-warming nature, had the cinema, from which I watched it, been set alight.

On the plot front, I'm determined to give as little as possible away, not with a view to being unhelpful, but because I think it should be allowed to remain a hidden gem, awaiting discovery, and on the basis that the title is a fairly good indication of what's to come.
And so, all that remains for me to say is: enjoy!